Kopernik Lodge is an 87 bed, two story facility, caring for Complex Care residents. We have an 18 bed secured Special Care Unit for residents with dementia or wandering tendencies and we offer two Private Pay Beds for people already waitlisted for a government-funded bed, that would otherwise have to be placed in a different facility to wait. Our General Care Unit is also secure for our residents with the “Wander-Guard” system providing a greater mobility range with safety.
There are 45 single rooms and 21 double rooms with no room differential charged. Smoking is only permitted outside the building in specially designated areas, and visiting hours are open encouraging families, children and pets to visit. There is ample street parking and designated handicap parking in our side lot. Telephone hookups are the sole responsibility of the resident and TV Cable including TV Polonia is offered in every room for a small charge.
You can celebrate special occasions in our lounges with a fully equipped kitchen or in our special lounge for small private family gatherings. All of our meals are prepared on site and served in our two large dining rooms with lunch being the main meal of the day. Traditional Polish meals are served on special occasions and our Dietitian reviews diets and assesses individual nutritional status providing therapeutic diets, snacks and nourishments as required.
Our Dedicated Staff
Our care staff includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Resident Care Aides providing 24 hour coverage of the residents needs and well being. As we do not contract out our staff, we have many long term employees dedicated to Kopernik Lodge and the ongoing happiness and health of our residents.
Other amenities offered to our residents include:
- Mass in the Chapel
- Other Religious Services according to Resident’s Choice
- Hairdressing Services Onsite
- Laundry Services
- Small Gift Shop Open 2 Days a Week
- Services of Dentist, Podiatrist, Pharmacist, Lab Work
- Community Services of Physiotherapist, Massage Therapist, Audiologist
- An Extensive Activity Program including Bus Trips and Outings, Art and Crafts, Bingo, Table Games, Weekly Entertainment of Dancers/Singers, Music Therapy, Dances for the Residents, Exercise Program and Health/Beauty Programs
- TO PROVIDE a caring, homelike and respectful environment for citizens of British Columbia of Polish heritage, and for others regardless of their ethnic origin and religious affiliation;
- TO OFFER religious, spiritual and emotional support through the service of our Catholic Chaplain as well as clergy of other religious denominations;
- TO PRESERVE and foster Polish cultural heritage while respecting the cultural heritage of all residents;
- TO ENHANCE the residents’ quality of life through various activities and programs.
Operations are based on pro-active strategic and innovative interventions needed to meet the changing climate of the health care system while also meeting the individual needs of our residents.
We strive to provide a “home-like” atmosphere for our residents and invite you to come and visit us and see for yourself the beauty of our Lodge.
For more information or to arrange a tour of Kopernik Lodge please call 604-438-2474.
*All our referrals for admission are done through the local Continuing Care Liaison Officer.