Social Visit Guidelines
Effective April 1st, 2021
1. Designated visitors will no longer be in effect as of April 1st, 2021.
2. Social visits will continue to be booked in advance by contacting the Recreation Department at 604-438-2474 ext 229.
3. Social visits will occur in single occupancy rooms or in designated visit rooms inside the building. Designated outside spots will be available when the weather improves.
4. Each pre-booked visit can be attended by 2 adults plus 1 child under the age of 18 years old for a maximum of 3 visitors. Visitor information must be provided at the time of booking the visit. Children over the age of 2 years old will be asked to wear a mask. For the purposes of infection control, it is recommended that individuals from the same household visit at the same time. Visitors can vary for each social visit but please consider remaining in your household bubbles when you do visit, particularly in light of increasing restrictions and rising case counts in the community.
5. Screening for symptoms, handwashing and medical mask donning will occur at the front entrance and remains unchanged. For young children, we request that the parent be present to answer the screening questionnaire on their child’s behalf as we will continue to log this information for contact tracing purposes in the event of an outbreak.
6. Visitors must perform a self-assessment prior to arriving at the facility to ensure that they are free from any COVID symptoms, have not been instructed to self isolate, had any exposure to COVID recently including having pending test results.
7. During your visit, you will be required to wear a medical mask that will be provided to you. The mask must remain on for the duration of your visit regardless of whether you are visiting inside a single room, designated visit room or outside in the garden.
8. Please remain in the rooms for the entirety of the visit as physical distancing from other residents and staff is still required thereby preventing visitors from moving freely around the facility at this time. If you need assistance, please use the resident ‘call bell’ to reach staff.
9. Visitors may bring one snack or meal for the resident which must be consumed by the resident during the visit. We are unable to store perishable items beyond the visit time. Please ensure the food is diet and texture appropriate. The food must be contained in a wipeable container and presented at the time of screening.
10. We ask that visitors refrain from bringing in any food or drinks for themselves because masks cannot be lowered/removed during your visit.
11. Residents may go on outings outside of the facility with a social visitor. Please call the Nursing Station (604-438-2474 ext 226) in advance if you are only requesting to take the resident outside of the facility and not planning on having a visit inside. Please ensure you have completed self-screening for any signs or symptoms of COVID and have not been instructed to self-isolate or have test results pending prior to arriving at the facility to accompany a resident for an outing. Visitors should continue to wear a mask on the outing and residents will be encouraged to do so as well.
March 17th, 2021
Update on Social Visits
In conjunction with Ministry of Health and Health Authority guidelines on social visits, Kopernik Lodge is adapting our current guidelines around social visits to promote connections between designated visitors and residents.
Pertinent Key Facts:
•Designated visitors remain in place for reach resident. There is no change to the number of designated visitors; it remains at one designated visitor per resident.
•Social visits must be booked in advance by connecting with the Recreation Department 604-438-2474 ext 229.
•Visits will occur in either single occupancy resident rooms, designated visit rooms or outside, weather permitting.
•Designated visitors will be subject to screening, hand hygiene and personal protective equipment requirements.
•Designated visitors may bring either a diet/texture appropriate snack or meal for the resident to be consumed by the resident during the visit. The food must be in a wipeable container. The facility is unable to store food beyond the time of the visit.
Designated resident contacts will be provided further information about the adapted guidelines.
July 15, 2020
Social Visit Update
Social visits will be commencing July 20, 2020 through an appointment/pre-scheduled basis only. Social visits will occur with one pre-determined, designated visitor per resident. Designated visitors must remain consistent until further notice.
All designated visitors will be subject to screening for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering for the visit. Visitors will also be required to don provided personal protective equipment in addition to maintaining social distance throughout the visit which will occur in a pre-determined location.
Social visits will be subject to change and/or cancellation based on staff availability as well as Medical Health Officer and BCCDC guidelines.
KOPERNIK – WE REALLY CARE
• Introduction to Long-Term Care Handbook
(Vancouver Coastal Health)
• Accessing Pubclicly Subsidized
Long-Term Care Homes
(Vancouver Coastal Health booklet)
Our care staff includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Resident Care Aides providing 24 hour coverage.
A donation of any size counts! Your support helps improve our facilities and enhances the lives of our residents/tenants.
OUR LATEST – NEWS AND EVENTS
TAKE A VISUAL TOUR